Monday 5 November 2012

Appleseed


I was a little disappointed with this movie. I had high expectations for it. But this is my opinion. You don't have to listen to me :).

Deunan, a highly skilled soldier and survivor of the Global war, gets rescued and sent to Olympus, mankinds utopia. The city is filled with humans and Bioroids (a genetically enhanced, part clone, human).
She runs into her former lover now a cyborg and they end up having to save the city from an evil unknown.

Compelling story, or so i thought. The art style, rather more of a CG than japanese Anime, still not bad, and of course it has it's Mecha side. More here.

One major point i guess is that it has a manga (which is meant to be read prior) and some series adaptions, which all in all add up giving it a better meaning and i'm sure the movie had to be compressed a bit loosing some key pointers.


I gave it a 7/10, which is being generous. Main thing is... it was enjoyable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment